I have been interested in human biology, health and disease from a young age. I was a Red Cross cadet as a teenager and went on to study Biology at Imperial College London, gaining a First class B.Sc. (Hons) degree in 1994. I then studied for a Masters degree in Infectious Diseases at the Royal Postgraduate Medical School (now part of Imperial College London). I carried on specialising, achieving a Ph.D. in Medical Bacteriology (on Salmonella typhimurium) at Imperial College London in 2000.
Continuous professional development (CPD)
I continue to develop my knowledge and hone my skills so that I can provide the most beneficial and up-to-date treatments to all my clients. This CPD involves continued study and reading (I have a huge library of reflexology and complementary medicine books!) I regularly attend seminars, workshops and training courses to ensure that I keep up-to-date with current techniques and developments in reflexology. I also have regular treatments myself with other local reflexologists.
Post-graduate courses include:
- Dec 2008: 2-day course on Foot reading with celebrity foot reader Jane Sheehan.
- May 2009: 1-day AoR Touchpoint course on Treating stress using reflexology.
- March 2010: 2-day AoR accredited training course on babyreflex, taught by babyreflex founder Jenny Lee.
- July 2010: 2-day Maternity Reflexology training course (part 1) taught by Gill Thomson based on the work of Suzanne Enzer.
- Nov 2010: 2-day Maternity Reflexology Conference based at the University of Reading. This brought me up-to-date with the latest research and practices from Maternity Reflexologists and Midwife Reflexologists from around the world.
- June 2011: 2-day Maternity Reflexology training course (part 2) taught by Gill Thomson based on the work of Suzanne Enzer.
- Oct/Nov 2011: 2-day Thai Foot Massage training course at The School of Thai Yoga Massage, included 4 case studies.
- April 2012: 2-day Parent Contact Training course at CLAPA (Cleft Lip and Palate Association).
- August 2013: 1-day Ear Candling training course at Harmony Health Professionals, included 2 cases studies.
- October 2012-2013: One year Fertility Awareness Advanced Practitioner course taught by Fertility Counsellor Jane Knight (of Zita West Clinics) and Dr Cecilia Pyper (Research Fellow at University of Oxford) of Fertility UK. This included 3 case studies.
- October 2014: 1-day study day at Fertility UK to up-date skills and knowledge in Fertility Awareness.
- March 2015: 1-day study course in Hot Stone Reflexology at Sally Earlam Reflexology.
- June 2015: 1-day AoR accredited introductory course in Reflexology and Cancer care with Peter MacKereth.
- October 2016: 2-day introductory workshop in Jin Shin Jyutsu for self-care at The Emotional Health Centre.
- January 2017: 1-day study course in Mindful Reflexology at Sally Earlam Reflexology.
- February 2017: 1-day study day at Fertility UK to up-date skills and knowledge in Fertility Awareness.
- September 2017: 5-day Jin Shin Jyutsu Practitioner course with Anita Willoughby.
- May 2018: 1-day Reflexology with crystals course with Val Winchester.
- June 2018: 2-day ‘round about the foot‘ course with Touchpoint, learning techniques to relieve foot pain.
- May 2019: 1-day study day at FertilityUK to up-date skills and knowledge in Fertility Awareness.
- May 2019: 1-day Reflexology with crystals advanced course with Val Winchester.
- May 2019: 2-day Ayurvedic Kansa Wand Facelift Massage course with Mary Dalgleish, included 3 case studies.
- June 2019: 3-day Structural Reflexology course with Structural Reflexology founder Geraldine Villeneure.
- October 2019: 2-day Reflexology Lymphatic Drainage (RLD) course with founder Sally Kay.
- October 2019: 2-day Integrative Medicine Convention in London.
- May 2020: Online course Advanced Program to teach Jin Shin Self-help with the Jin Shin Institute in New York.
- May 2020: Online 8-day Jin Shin Jyutsu Self-help course with Wayne Hackett and Carlos Gutterres.