If you are keen to come along to help prepare yourself for the birth, I will take a full history to ensure that it is safe and appropriate to give you reflexology and if necessary you will be referred to your midwife or consultant to get permission before treatment is given. Situations in which reflexology would not be recommended include:
- Serious health conditions such as placenta praevia, hypertension (high blood pressure), polyhydrios (excess amniotic fluid), high risk of pre-eclampsia,
- You are booked in for a planned caesarian section for medical reasons,
- This is a multiple pregnancy,
- The baby is breech,
- The baby’s head is not engaged/is high,
- You have had a previous stillbirth,
- You have had recent vaginal bleeding or reduced foetal movements.