Please be assured that I take the health and wellbeing of all my clients very seriously. So in light of the recent Covid-19 outbreak, and taking into account those clients who have underlying health conditions or are immuno-compromised, I have been taking extra steps to ensure that my treatment room remains as safe a space as possible for everyone who visits me.
3 things I ask from all clients coming to see me
1. Please stay at home and reschedule if you have cold or flu-like symptoms and/or are potentially contagious.
Please contact me to reschedule your appointment if:
- You have symptoms of a cold or flu such as sore throat, cough, chills, fever or you feel generally unwell,
- You are currently self-isolating,
- You have had close contact with someone who has Covid-19 or is self-isolating as
- they potentially have it,
- You have travelled to a Covid-19 hotspot in the last 14 days.
In each of these situations you are potentially infectious, so to protect you and yours as well as me and mine, please contact me to reschedule your appointment.
Please be assured that there is no problem with cancelling an appointment at short notice if you are ill and/or potentially infectious.
2. Please wash your hands on arrival to my treatment room This limits the risk of inadvertently transferring pathogens such as Covid-19 by touching communal surfaces, where they could then potentially be transmitted to others.
3. Please get in touch if you subsequently contract or think you may have Covid-19 in the days immediately following your appointment with me.
This allows me to shut for a deep clean and self-isolate to avoid potentially passing it on to others.
How I keep my Treatment Room clean
The sink in my cloakroom is available for hand washing. There is now a towel dispenser with disposable paper towels in place of a communal hand towel and an enclosed bin. The paper towels are 100% bamboo and biodegradable to minimize the impact on the environment. I also have soap and hand sanitizer freely available.
Thorough and effective cleaning of all communal surfaces Hard surfaces are cleaned using a multipurpose disinfectant spray and/or isopropyl alcohol before every appointment, including: door handles, desk, chair arms, sink, toilet, iPad surface and card machine. Soft surfaces now have additional coverings of muslin, which are changed between appointments and laundered at temperatures of 60-95oC.
Please note: I always allow some turnaround time between appointments to tidy and prepare the room for my next client and this time will now also be used to clean communal surfaces, therefore I will ask you to bear with me if you arrive early for your appointment.
Water glasses are thoroughly washed in hot soapy water and I have added an additional stage to disinfect them prior to washing. Blankets are regularly laundered at 60oC and are now covered with an additional layer of muslin (which can be washed at a much higher temperature).
I wash my hands frequently and always do so before each person arrives and after every treatment. I am now additionally washing my hands before I start your treatment.
I can also assure you that I will immediately shut my practice and contact all affected clients should I display any respiratory symptoms that could be due to Covid-19 or should myself, or any member of my immediate family, come into close contact with anyone who has Coronavirus.