My purpose-built ground floor Maidenhead Treatment Room has its own entrance and doorbell. It is situated towards the back of the house overlooking the garden and is quiet and calm.
The treatment space is light and airy with doors overlooking the garden. There is a reclining Lafuma chair used for Reflexology and a massage table used for ear candling and Jin Shin treatments. There is also an adjacent cloakroom with sink and loo.
There have been a few changes to make the treatment space Covid-19 secure:
- The fabric chairs have been removed both from the waiting area and the consultation area. The main focus is now the reclining chair or massage table where you have your treatment.
- Consultations are now carried out via phone prior to your treatment – so you still get the chance to discuss your current health issues and stresses while minimising direct contact time.
- Towels and blankets have been placed in drawers and all unnecessary items of furniture, soft furnishings and “knick knacks” have been removed, this makes the space easier to throughly clean between appointments.
- Extra sheets are used on the reclining chair to cover the arms, the foot pillow and support cushions are covered in waterproof covers with a further pillowcase or muslin on top and fresh linens are provided for each client (as always!)
- You are now asked to bring along your own water and a blanket.
- The windows are open to provide good ventilation during treatments and the patio doors and windows are fully opened between clients – to completely air out the room.
- The adjacent cloakroom with toilet and sink is available for all clients to use – it is actually now designated only for client use and I am using the kitchen sink and upstairs loo and it is throughly cleaned and disinfected between appointments.
Things that haven’t changed:
- A welcoming, calm, relaxing space with your favourite music,
- A lovely view over the garden and soothing lighting provided by Himalayan salt lamps,
- A safe, supportive and positive atmosphere,
- You are still welcome to chat during your treatment (especially if you need to release and process the past 6 months!)
- There will still be laughing and smiling during our time together – you might not see my smile, but you’ll know it’s still there behind my mask as I’m so happy to spend time with you and be back to giving reflexology treatments :o)
The Treatment Room is located in Alwyn Road, Maidenhead, SL6 5EG